It’s the week between Christmas and New Year’s which means Top 10 lists, here are my favs, least favs and possible favs from the past year. Of course these are only with films I’ve seen, so before you get on your Toy Story 3 soap box, I haven’t seen it. Oh yeah, special guest Huey Lewis will sing them to you.
Honorable Mentions: Date Night and The Town
10. Jackass 3D: The best use of 3D to date, yeah I’m talking to you Avatar.
9. Exit Through The Gift Shop: The Banksy film starts a bit slow but the story that develops is amazing.
8. Black Swan: Haunting, flawless and of course sexy. It’s not the feel good movie of the year but the performances are top notch.
7. Knight and Day: I see you rolling your eyes Internet but I liked the piss out of this movie. I’m still one of the few left that admits to being a Tom Cruise fan, when he’s on his game there is no better.
6. Kick Ass: I was bummed this didn’t get the box office attention that it deserved. If people aren’t ready for a 10-year old girl killing thugs, when will they be?
5. Inception: Original! That’s saying a lot in today’s Hollywood. Also two worthy gents (Tom Hardy, Joseph Gorden Levitt) careers are now going to take off.
4. Easy A: Only 14 people saw this in the theaters (I watched it on itunes at work) but you will not find a better written comedy this year. Stanley Tucci was brilliant and stars my favorite Hollywood lady Emma Stone.
3. The Social Network: The only film I saw twice in the theater this year. That’s at $9.00 a pop, so yeah .. I liked it.
2. The Fighter: I knew Bale’s performance would be great but I was blown away by the supporting characters as well. Ward’s mom and sisters were dead on and I’m now an Amy Adams fan for life. I also couldn’t believe the amount of comedy in the film, Jesus this movie was good.